About The Host Home Program & Providers
Laradon’s Adult Host Home program provides individualized living situations to people who can benefit from living in the private home of a family or individual. Individuals enjoy living in a family setting, engaging in community activities and sharing household responsibilities. Host Home Providers create a caring support system and assist the individual with personal care, meals, finances, medical appointments and community connections.
Independent Host Home Providers contract with Laradon to provide comfortable and healthy environments that are appropriate to an individual’s needs. Providers view the positive capabilities of the individuals in their home and help the person have a normal life as possible.
Why Laradon’s Host Home Program Works
Laradon recruits a pool of qualified and committed providers who allow individuals the opportunity to be with someone that best meets their needs. A Host Home Provider may contract to care for up to two individuals in their home. Laradon thoroughly screens all Host Home Providers and conducts background checks. In addition, Laradon staff provides Host Home Providers with ongoing training, guidance and support.
Our individuals receive individualized care in a safe and welcoming home. Our Host Home Providers give consistent care in order to support the individual’s needs and ensure a meaningful life. Our Adult Host Home program has a proven track record of accomplishment as evidenced by many individuals living in the same home for more than 20 years. With a stringent process for carefully matching individuals with providers, Laradon affords each individual the opportunity to live the kind of life they want. We offer:
Laradon Provides a Variety of Homes
Get More Information
Interested in becoming a host home provider? Click below to answer a few qualifying questions and get more information.
Ready to Apply?
Host Home Providers' FAQ
- Providers with wheelchair accessible homes
- Providers with single story/ranch homes
- Providers who don’t have children in the home
- Providers with solid medical knowledge
- Providers who have solid behavioral/mental health experience
- Providers throughout the Denver Metro area
Host Home Providers create a caring support system; assist the individual with personal care, meals, medical appointments, and community involvement through engaging activities. Laradon does an excellent job of matching each adult to the provider’s lifestyle.
Becoming a provider and taking an adult with developmental disabilities into your home will be the most rewarding experience you will ever have. If you have ever thought of becoming a Host Home Provider you have come to the right place! Laradon operates one of the best Adult Host Home programs available.
Host Home Providers are independent contractors who provide care in their homes. They receive payment monthly for the services they have provided during the previous month, as well as paid vacation days. They are required to have a separate bedroom for the adult residing in their home, as well as reliable transportation. Host Home Providers are expected to document the care and activities they provide to the individual in their home. Laradon conducts annual criminal background and driving record checks.
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Able to pass criminal background check and a CAPS check
- Have a valid email address, Internet and computer
- Have an available bedroom
- Not an employee of Laradon
- Qualified Medication Administration Personnel (QMAP) Certification
- First Aid
- Safety Care/Crisis Intervention
- Mistreatment, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation (MANE)
- Incident Reporting
- Defensive Driving
- Additionally all potential Host Home Providers are required to participate in Laradon’s Host Home Provider orientation. During the orientation, individuals will learn about the various policies and procedures regarding residential documentation, monitoring, quality standards and other related topics.
Home owners/renter’s insurance minimums:
- $100,000 for Personal Liability and
- $15,000 for Personal Possessions
Automobile insurance minimums:
- $100,000/$300,000 for Liability
- $100,000 for Property Damage
- $100,000/$300,000 for Uninsured/Underinsured motorist
Professional /General liability insurance minimum:
The first step to becoming a Host Home Provider is to complete Laradon’s Host Home Provider Interest Form, which you can find here. Upon receiving interest form, a Laradon team member will contact you.
Interested In Becoming A Host Home Provider?
Fill out the Host Home Provider Interest Form and a member of the Laradon Placement team will be in touch.