The Calabrese Legacy Society - Planned Giving
The Laradon Foundation created the Calabrese Legacy Society to honor and thank those who remember Laradon with a gift in their estate plans. There are many ways to do this. Some have named Laradon as a beneficiary in their wills or living trusts, while others have named it a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, IRA, or charitable trust. A variety of options exist.
Many people like to preserve full control over their assets during life, protecting against future uncertainties. Others may choose to maximize any tax and financial benefits that can result from their philanthropy. It’s all a matter of choice. Of course, almost everyone will prioritize family and loved ones first, only providing for Laradon after those needs are met. There is tremendous flexibility in this planning.
Every estate gift, large or small, helps strengthen Laradon in permanent ways. We would love to help you discover how easy an estate gift can be.
To learn more, please explore the menu below. And if you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Laradon Foundation at email@example.com or 720-974-6815. All inquiries are held in strict confidence. There is never an expectation or obligation to complete any gift.
Any Estate Gift Entitles You to Become a Member of The Calabrese Legacy Society.
These Are the Three Most Common Types of Gifts:
- Charitable Bequest – By naming Laradon in your Will or Living Trust, you create a gift today that we will receive in the future, when your estate is settled.
- Retirement Plan – You can name Laradon as a beneficiary of your IRA or company retirement plan. To include Laradon, simply request a “beneficiary change” form from your IRA custodian or Human Resources department, complete the form, and then return it according to the instructions provided. Beneficiary change forms may be available online.
- Life Insurance – You can name Laradon as the beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy. To include Laradon, simply request a “beneficiary change” form from your life insurance company, complete the form, and return it according to the instructions provided. Again, most companies make beneficiary change forms available online.
Other Types of Gifts May Include:
- Charitable Gift Annuity – A gift annuity is a simple contract in which Laradon Foundation agrees to pay you (and/or another person) an annuity for life, in exchange for a gift you make today.
- Charitable Remainder Trust – In the right situations, a charitable remainder trust can provide powerful financial, tax, and estate planning benefits. You donate assets into trust for the eventual benefit of Laradon. In the interim, the trust pays income to you and/or your designated income beneficiaries.
- Charitable Lead Trust – A charitable lead trust can provide support for Laradon, before returning the assets to you or transferring them to your future heirs with little or no gift or estate tax.
Retained Life Estate – You can donate a residence to Laradon and still retain the right to live there for the rest of your life.
Calabrese Legacy Society Members
Bruce E. Bahem
Connie M. Barnes
Mary J. Barrack
Edward B. Brunderlin
Roy Alvin Eastin
Albert W. Gebauer
Maybelle A. Goetz
Lewis Leonard Hansen
Velma J Holly
Mary Jane Hosford
Emma J Irish
Johnny P. LaSalle
Minnie O. Lee
Roland and Evora Lewis
Evelyn M. Lynch
Nellie Mumford Matthews
Emma M. Miller
Robert E. Nabb
Otto J. Neal
Albert L. Otzenberger
Lawrence E Shumaker
Glen E. Shuster
Robert J. Slattery
William F. Smith
Vera A. Stone
Francis W. Warren